Wednesday 4 March 2015

Well, here I am.

I smile at finding myself writing this Blog. Like many, many  people I have had challenges with Literacy. Even the word Literacy isn't easy to say or spell.
My journey began as a small child, scared of going to school. I did enjoy Art class though, as I didn't  need to write. Today I still enjoy creative arts.
At Primary school I was kept back in standard three twice, which meant I lost all my friends and became isolated. I left school at the end of fifth form when I was aged 16. The results said it all. School Certificate in 5 subjects- lowest English at 18%  and typing the highest at 39%. Wow, no surprises there. It was at College that this Literacy problem became troublesome.
I left school knowing my ABC's, knowing right from wrong and being respectful to others.



2 comments:

  1. What a great story Trina, looking forward to reading more from you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Debbie, its wonderful to see that you wish to follow me here. I have much more I would like to share about my jounery with you and hope this experience helps others understand Literacy can be over come in every day events.

      Delete